University of Roehampton Audition



So today was it, the start of getting what I want from life,the start of auditions. My first one was a university one at Roehamption. My mum was working so I went up on my own, it was absolutely fine and as I'd been before for an open day I had an idea of where I was going. Thankfully this one wasn't an early start, it ran from 11-4 so I got a 9:21 train.

After two trains and a bus I was there, half an hour early buts it's better to be early than late. I found my way round their gorgeous campus to Grove House which was where I ended up meeting a girl from my A Level class. it was nice to see a familiar face. We went in and waited as more people came came before we got taken into a classroom to sign in and get our numbers and name tags. We chatted as a group for a bit getting to know each other. We were luckily a small group of only 10. When it reached 11:30 one of the lecturers gave us a talk with more information on the course. She also showed us a few videos of work that alumni have done which was really cool!

Next was our interview like bit. It was in the set up of the way our theory modules would kind of be like which was nice as it gave us more of an idea of what it would be like to be a Roehampton dance student than a formal interview would. The two lectures running it gave us a print out with three quotes on it which we discussed and then we looked at four photos and discussed them and how they relate to what the quotes were saying. After this the student ambassadors took us on a mini campus tour and then to the canteen for lunch.

After lunch we were taken to the studio theatre for our audition. We had another of the lectures teaching and the two from the morning were watching. We also had a live musician which was awesome, I love to dance to live music and it's not something I get to do often. The class was in the Limone technique style and was really fun. After technique we played a game and did an improv exercise in pairs. The audition went by so fast! We then packed up and said our goodbyes to each other. I'm going to see some the people I met at other auditions so that will be nice to build up a set of friendly faces at auditions. Some of use walked out together and people slowly peeled off in their directions til it was just me and the guy, Adam, from the audition walking to the station. It was so nice to just chat with someone who gets what I'm on about and excited by.

Was lucky with trains as one was just there as I got to the station and I thought i was going to miss my train in the morning but I ran so didn't, woo!

Overall the audition was such a nice one to start with as i was so nervous but it ended up being so chill. Everyone I met; the teachers, the student ambassadors and other auditionees were so lovely it made the day that much calmer. Really hoping I get an offer from them and I should know within a few weeks so fingers crossed!

My next auditions is at Chichester and I have to get up super early so need to brace myself for that!

Willow x

Comments

Popular Posts