My Chance


Haha! I left you with an ellipsis at the ends of my last post. When Gillian came in with that envelop I expected it to be just a ‘thank you for coming, we’ll be in touch’ sort of thing. While she was talking she was saying about how she feels I am lacking in experience of free classes which would help me pick combinations up quicker – at this point I was certain she was going to say, ‘I see potential but at this point we don’t think you are ready for a course like this.’ However she went on to say on very much the flow of what she was saying that I’d decided to join in with the pointe work and that was the deciding factor for her in giving me n offer. Wait, what?! Inside my head I was like ‘did she actually just say that?’ ‘is she serious?!’ She continued on with what she was saying and then picked up the envelope and handed it to me saying ‘congratulations’. She said that she sees potential in me and so is taking a chance with me as she thinks I’ll work hard. I am so grateful for this chance and I think I’m going to take it as I really love the school but I will talk it over more with my mum and teachers. All I’ve wanted is for someone to give me a chance as I think that if I can put my full focus on it I can do it which is something I cannot do currently with all the other aspects of a teenager’s life such as A Levels. It has been an upward struggle getting to this point with a huge lack of self-belief and a lack of belief at some points from people whose belief sometimes felt more needed and more important than my own.


Basically, I want you to know that you can go to a school after your A Levels, you can go if you don’t always get distinctions in exams. Just try and you’ll never know what will happen, I thought I was shooting myself in the foot spending time and money doing these auditions – the only self-belief I had was a flicker of the dream I had in the back pocket of my mind. I’m not sure what the future will hold and in a way I like that as I’m not ready to know. Now I’m just going to take my chance in my hands and hold it tight to my heart.

Me age 6 and my current pair of pointes

Comments

Popular Posts