University of Chichester Audition


These auditions are coming fast now! Overall my University of Chichester audition went fine, it was the travel that wasn't so great!

I woke at 4:40am (eek!) having gone to bed at 9 the night before. My train was meant to be at 5:53 to get me there in time for the start time of 9:15. That train, which I ran for by the way, ended up being cancelled! That meant I had to get the 6:23 train which meant that I would end up getting to the Uni a 1/2 hr to 40 minutes late. Luckily they had supplied a phone no. to call if you were delayed so I called that when it got to 9am.

When I finally go to the Uni I thankfully wasn't the only one who was late which was comforting. I caught the end of the talk about the course which was interesting to hear about their graduate destinations. We were ten taking to the main foyer of the dance department and were introduced to some of the other lectures. They split us up into groups of 4 to each lecturer. The lecturer tool us to her office and split us in half for the interview. This guy Tom and I went 2nd and so I chatted to him and two girls who were waiting for another lecturer, one of them I recognised from the open day. Tom and I were then taken into our interview. We were asked about why we wanted to dance, who inspires us and why Uni among a few other things. As there was two of us and the lecturer was really nice it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be.

After interviews was break, I went back to the dance corridor we'd been in earlier where I met a really sweet girl who I got lunch with. At this point I was so hungry saying it was about 11:15 and I ate a very small breakfast at 6ish. We had a long time for lunch so we decided to go to the facilities tour at 11:45 - Chichester has lovely dance studios!

Now it was time for the audition, ooo! Hehe! We had about an hour session of a release technique based class. I thoroughly enjoyed it, I think I really like release! I just felt really good doing it, We then had a short break where I filled up my water bottle - I was in desperate need of water. Next we had a creative session using an exercise of touching 7 points then building that up to join it with someone else's to then make a duet with another person. We showed them one duet at a time, it was really interesting seeing what other people ended up with.

That was not all! As I am applying to the dance performance course rather than just the dance studies one I had two further things to do. Firstly the 12 of us doing this part of the audition did a basic ballet barre followed by a grande battement and pirouette exercise in the centre - I was definitely more in my element! That was good fun, particularly as my ballet school doesn't do class in December so I didn't have any ballet last week.

Finally it was time - solos! Thankfully we just did these in front of two of the lectures and not in front of any of the other auditonees. They asked me what mine was about before I performed, luckily I'd come up with a theme already as I find it easier to dance if I've got a story or emotion. I think it went well, I didn't forget anything so I call that a job well done!

Chichester has a great high street so I had taken some money with me to try to get some Christmas shopping done. I was able to come up with what I am doing for my mother this year this year and got a few bits for that. I also went to Costa to get a well earned black forest hot chocolate and a wrap for supper on the train home.

Now for the second disaster. I took my phone out to direct me to the station and to text my mum but it almost immediately shut off! Ah! I had no idea where to go, it was dark and I needed to tell my mum when I would be back. I found a mum with a little kid and asked for directions, she was really helpful which calmed me as I was getting very stressed. Once I got to the station I asked a ticket officer which train to get. Thank goodness there was a payphone at the station which I used to call home and leave a message for my mum. Once on the train I was able to revive my phone long enough to check my connection time and text my mum. I ended up getting to my station at around 8:50pm!

A long, stressful day. I was very tired and achey at school today. Hopefully my next one won't be as stressful as I'm going there the day before this time!

Oh and update on the Roehampton audition; I got an offer! It is conditional if I put it as my insurance choice or defer but if I put it as my firm then it's UNCONDITIONAL! I was so happy when I saw that on track. That result made me feel much better about my other auditions. 2 done, 8 to go!

Comments

Popular Posts