Bath Spa University Audition


Last audition for this month was on Monday! Woo! For Bath Spa I decided not to have the hectic morning and journey like I did last week, instead I went up on Sunday afternoon to stay with friends who live in Bradford-on-Avon. this meant my journey was much shorter in the morning. It was quite exciting but scary to travel somewhere to stay overnight on my own though at least I was staying at friends' rather than a hotel - that would have frightened me I think.

When I got to Bath Spa I was welcomed by a couple of members of staff who gave me a pack of booklets on the Uni and course. Once as many people as thought would turn up turned up, there was an accident on the M4 so loads were stuck in traffic, we got taken up to one of the classrooms in the building they call 'The Commons'.

Our time in the classroom was spent having a course talk (very useful for me as I hadn't been to an open day) and the three lectures in the room getting to know a bit about each of us. around the room they asked us our name, where we came from and which course we were applying to - single honours or joint honours. At intervals in the talk we were also asked why we applied to Bath Spa in particular (for me the location = beautiful & close to friends and the overall emphasis of practical in the course) and what, if any, future plans/aspirations we have (for me starting my own company).

After the talk we were taken to one of the dance studios for the audition. The studio was lovely and big with stage lighting on the sides. As with the others, we started with a technique class. This class was very lively and to me had a kind of jazz feel to the energy that the lecturer gave - but still very contemporary - might have been the music she used.

Next we had the creative session. The lecturer leading it based it all around word association. He got us to play a few games of it which ten changed to dance association and then dance/word association. We were then told to spread out and he called out words related to the elements and we had to respond to what he said through improv. We split into groups, each of us choosing one of the words and describing how we had approached responding to them. In these groups we came into the space with everyone else as our audience and danced as he called out the words our group had chosen and we responded in the way each person had described. it was really interesting to watch how different people responded to the words.

After we had our audition we were invited to have a tour but I decided against it as I had been on a self-guided tour in the summer with friends and had a bus I wanted to catch.

When I got back into the centre of Bath I got some lunch at Costa and headed out to get some Christmas shopping done. I am glad to say I have now got most of my gifts for people, yay! I felt very achieved and so got a hot chocolate, donated some money to a homeless charity that was fundraising and walked to catch my train home.

I had a great day in all and it was good to find out more about the course. Not happy about the amount of school work I came home to for the holidays though! My next audition is the first week in January so only a week's rest, plus the first dance school one so ahh! I'm terrified!

Update on Chichester; I got a conditional offer for 112 UCAS points which is basically a BBC in my exams this year.

Comments

Popular Posts