Future Dreams



I'm sure you often think about what you want from your future. I think about it all the time, what I want in the immediate future and what I want in the distant future. It may not happen but I guess having dreams is very important.

Immediate Future:
I am currently in year 13 and so next year I won't be in school anymore. What I am currently doing is getting together all of my applications for dance courses both at Universities and for vocational schools. What I really want is to get into a vocational ballet school and study there for three years however I understand, sadly, how many places there are vs the amount of people wanting them and that I am not the best. As I understand this, my backup plan starts with going to University (my top choice being Chichester for their BA Dance Performance course) to train. I will audition this year for five dance schools, if I don't get in then I think I will take a gap year to take more classes, earn money and build up my mental health. I will talk more about my auditions and gap year plan in other posts.
         Even more immediately what I want from life is to not get too stressed and get through my A Levels!

Distant Future:
What I would love to do in my future is to be part of a ballet company for a few years and then start up my own one with friends I've made over the years. This company would celebrate diversity and prove that you don't need to be a certain look to be a successful ballet dancer. I want to prove this as I am 5'11" and so what most companies would say are too tall but I don't want to let that stop me! That is a type of factor that shouldn't affect you being a dancer. Alongside this company I would want to start an associate program in the form of a youth company. This is because I would have loved to have done that as a child (and now!) I'm going to talk more about these dreams for my future as I've recently thought a lot about what I'd want the associate program to be like.

Anyways that is what I dream for my future dance wise, I really hope it works out and even if it doesn't that the way it does go makes me just as happy as I imagine these dreams would. I guess as long as we work hard and learn that life doesn't always go the way we want it but we must try to find things that excite us.

Willow x

Comments

Popular Posts